The Department of Electrical Engineering came into existence in the year 2010 offering B.Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering with a intake of 60 students. The department will be flourished in all respects and is being now full fledging with competent, experienced and dedicated faculty and well-equipped laboratories with facilities to cater to the all round development of the students in process.
To empower students by imparting quality technical education and encouraging innovative ideas, meeting the needs of global expectations in the field of Electrical Engineering.
- To facilitate students with quality technical tools and enable them to deal with industrial challenges.
- To motivate innovative ideas and provide knowledge, especially in the area of green energy to address socio-economic challenges.
Short Range Goals
- To train students as competent Electrical Engineers to meet the requirements of industries.
- To strive for further improvement in academic performance of students.
- To improve placement of students.
- To closely monitor the progress of students. To inculcate human values and leadership qualities in the students.
- To enhance interaction with industries.
- To strengthen the alumni linkage for mutual benefit.
- To organize bridge courses on areas relevant to industries.
- To update the knowledge of the faculty in emerging areas.
- To motivate the faculty to undertake research work.
- To depute the faculty and students for implant training to industries during vacation.
- To train the supporting technical staff.
Long Term Goals
- Achieve excellence in undergraduate education.
- To promote research activities in the areas of non-conventional energy generation and power systems.
- To have atleast 50% of faculty with doctoral degree in diverse areas.
- The students of the Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering are trained to become quality engineers, with adequate stress being laid on their personality development, paper presentation in seminars, group discussions etc., are some of the activities carried out by students. They also undertake projects in various organizations such as BEL, BHEL, CPRI, HAL, ABB, PRDC, Prok Devices etc.
- The department undertakes testing of all varieties of electrical equipments like induction machines, transformers etc.