The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the New Departments in this Institute. It was established in 2007. At present, the Department offers an undergraduate program in Civil Engineering leading to the B.Tech degree. In addition to the above course, the Department has been conducting a number of short term training programs for the benefit of faculty of technical institutions and working professionals.
The Department is also actively engaged in testing and consultancy activities. A R&D project sponsored by Department of Science & Technology is presently under progress. The Department has offered and continues to offer testing and consultancy services to various Government Departments and Organizations, both the Public and Private sector. Consultancy services are being offered in all fields of Civil Engineering interest.
Program Educational Outcomes
- To create an ambiance for developing technical knowledge in the area of Civil Engineering and Technology.
- To explore the fundamental and experimental knowledge, new ideas and innovation to overcome the global problems.
- To pursue a lifelong learning, professional values, leadership qualities and to tackle the challenging problems of the industry.
The educational objectives for Civil Engineering program are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of civil engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the community. These objectives are as follows:
- To provide fundamental technical knowledge and skills in the areas of structural design, geo-technical and environmental engineering.
- To provide skills and practical experience to fulfill their professional duties and responsibilities in teamwork, ethics, technical leadership.
- To make the students be in a position to practice professionally in various positions in industry or government.
- To mould the students to become future engineers, scientists, researchers, and innovators and to contribution to the society.
The classroom sessions are interactive and encourage the students to think independently. The faculty ensures that the students in the class have understood the content. High level of discipline maintained in the classroom. Students are expected to maintain decorum in the classroom.Camera cell phones are prohibited in the campus. Students are advised not to carry cell phones to the classrooms and laboratories.
Frequent visits to industry and an all-India educational tour form part of the programme, giving students a wide exposure. All undergraduate students also undergo a 6-week industrial training programme to gain vital practical and working knowledge.